Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Mommy's Piano

I have a piano! After a while of brainwashing (tee hee) Reynald about getting a real piano, he agreed. For my 40th birthday present, he said I could get a piano or an anniversary band. Being no dummy, I chose the piano this time around (I can convince him about the anniversary band next time, I am sure - or at least at the 10-year mark!).

We were referred to a piano in Highlands Ranch (otherwise, never would have gone there on my own - tooooooooooo far). We liked it and the look of it too. We negotiated just a bit with the woman and the piano was delivered November 16th, the day before we left for our vacation to France.

The previous owner is a musician - a soprano who sang in New York and now sings around town. That made me happy to get it from a musician and she was pleased that my grandmother and mother were/are piano teachers and that we will really use it (though I cannot claim to play like they do - oh well - but we *will* definitely use it and I am so glad to have a piano in my home!).