Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Monkey Cupcakes

Monkey cupcakes! To make your very own monkey cupcakes, go to:
http://entertaining.about.com/od/cakebragbook/ss/monkeycupcake.htm

They have great instructions. I modifed it a bit because it was hard to find think licorice for the mouths. I used that new canned, decorator frosting. It is under pressure like canned whipped cream and has several tips you can use. It worked perfectly. You can buy it in the decorating/baking section at the grocery store.

For the frosting, I made a butter cream and added some cocoa to make it brown. It was easy (thanks, Jenni and Karen!). I had originally bought canned frosting, but it tasted really bad, so I made it myself and it was quick, easy and looked and tasted good. Here is a picture of the monkey cupcakes I made for Luka's party:
See the posting with more about his party here: