Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Axel - Ski Master


Axek with Corinne and Eve (Nat taking picture)

Axel has been doing so great on skis. After being taken off the teather and his edgie-wedgy this season, and taking two group lessons, he is ripping it up (for real) doing great turns, stopping on command and, in general, being in total control, but having a blast going down the slopes. This past weekend, he did the "grande piste" (main mountain, not bunny slope) three times one day and two another, and in there, doing 3 blue runs to boot! The pictures above are when he had fun showing off for Mommy, Corinne and Nathalie. Nat and Corinne got a good laugh when I told them he said, "Mommy, I want skis where I can move my feet like Nathalie and Corinne!" (Note: Tele vs AT joke.) He also told me, "Mommy, it is so fun when I can ski by myself!" (He meant off the teather.) He is right! It is really fun!