Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ode to Mittens and Gobelets

Baby Mittens
Here is a picture of the tiny mittens that Grandma Joan (my mom) bought for Luka, before he was born, during our trip to France when I was pregnant with him. Of course, we did not know he was Luka then. She bought them when she and I stayed in Aix at the end of our trip at one of the cute baby shops in town. Luka wore them as a newborn to keep his hands warm at night and Axel wore them inside his buntings to give his hands an extra layer when he was several months old.

I am passing them on to my friend Ann who is due in July. Great to get more use out of them--they have crossed the ocean to do their duty. But, it is kind of sad, so I wanted to chronicle their part in our lives. Bye bye sweet little mittens!



Luka's Gobelets
We had to retire the beloved Sponge Bob straw cups ("Gobelet"). I could not get them clean anymore and we had had them a long time. It was a sad parting, but of the four, we only had three left anyway (or was that two)? They must be in sippy cup heaven. We have replaced them with a new cup, but it doesn't work as well (meaning, it leaks). Sponge Bob, we need you! Here is a picture in memory of our first and most beloved Gobelets.