Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

First Mother's Day with Axel (and 3rd with Mr. Luka!).

We all got up early and went to the Boulder Reservoir for Mommy to run in the Title 9K. Luka did a 200 yard "race" for kids right before (2-3 year olds). He thought that was so fun and the look of elation on his face when he was done was priceless. All that adrenalin running with all those kids (and parents--and me behind him yelling, "Go go go!")

My run started at 9 a.m. and there were close to 2000 runners, and lots of moms with strollers and some with bigger kids. I ran "free" while Reynald stayed with Luka and Axel.

I was pretty slow, but I met my goal of running the entire way, so that was good. I added 3 minutes to my Bolder Boulder time of 7 years ago (and this was 1K less!), but I guess that was not too bad for 2 kids, 7 years later and not really training that much! So, it has encouraged me to try and do more. We will see!

My race results: 698 out of 1079 finishers, time of 1:13:55, at a pace of 13:13 per mile.

After that, we went Ann and Cameron's. We had lunch and dinner there and Jessie and Luka had a blast playing madly all day. Cameron has some great kid-entertainment ideas and they loved it. Running (naked!) in the sprinkler (that is, the kids, not us!), water balloons, sidewalk chalk/paint, and playing in Jessie's gorgeous outside playhouse and her tent. And, they loved pushing each other in the doll's stroller. Boy, was that fun! Axel was a good-natured little man and even got in a 2-hour nap!

We also (finally) ordered a 4-bike rack for the CR-V (20% off at REI) that we'd been eyeing. We need it with all the kid gear now, to manage to get everything in the car. That was a good Mother's Day present.