Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A Day in the Life of Luka & Mommy

Tuesday and Thursdays, Luka does not go to day care and is home with me. This Tuesday (yesterday) we had a fun filled day at home. We went out in the garden by 9 a.m. because I needed to do a bit of maintenance on some plants (Reynald does it mostly, but there was a bit I could do without too much strain on my pregnant body) before it got too hot.

Luka loves to play in his yard and often asks to go out there. We had a fun time with him helping me with his little rake to "clean up" leaves that had fallen. He also was happy to help water various plants with the hose. He also ended up happily spraying himself and getting drenched with the hose when it was laid on our new back yard tree to make sure it got enough water. It was hot out, so he did not mind the cold water on his bottom and front, I guess!

Then, we had a big time with two super soaker squirt guns (that I had purchased before he was born for when Keri and I went on a canoe trip on the Dolores River in Colorado). He thought it was hilarious to squeeze the guns and watch me jump around in this water stream, or just shoot the stream off and watch it fall back to earth in a shower. We filled up both water guns several times. He didn't mind being squirted either, but preferred being the one doing the squirting! :)

We also played with bubbles. He is a good bubble blower and likes to take a turn at doing that. However, he did end up dumping two bottles worth of bubbles in the grass (oops), so hope it isn't strong enough to kill it...! He also is an expert at running around popping the bubbles that Mommy blows.

Of course, we also had snacks (Scooby Doo cookies - in the shape of dog bones - it makes me feel like I am eating dog food, but they don't taste bad, so am sure they are for human consumption).

Another fun day at home....