Thursday, June 02, 2005

Luka's Shower and Monkeys

Luka's First Big Boy Shower
Luka - at 2-1/2 - took his first "big boy shower" today. By that I mean, he took a shower all by himself - using the removable shower head down at his level, soaping up, washing himself and rinsing. He told me he wanted to take a shower "tout seul" (al by himself) and I was on the outside of the shower (we have clear shower doors in our master bath) to make sure he was okay. He decided this at around 3:30 in the afternoon when we went upstairs to get something and he passed Mommy and Papa's shower.

But, he did not want me in there, "Maman, laisse-moi tranquille" ("Leave me alone" - meaning "I can do it!"). He had a blast soaping up repeatedly with his liquid kid peach soap and then rinsing. The only problem was that he put a bunch of soap in his hair, so at the end, I had to get in to help him wash and rinse his hair. He does not like that part and sometimes will put his head back to avoid getting in his eyes, but sometimes, we just have to rinse it and some water gets in his eyes (the case this time). When we get out, he wants to make sure his feet are covered by a towel also. "Mes pieds aussi!" This time, he also wanted his face covered (?): "Le visage aussi!" Despite the crisis at the end, he was very proud of taking a shower on his own.

No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed
Luka [jumping on his bed]: Mommy, call the doctor!

Mommy [with banana to ear if available]: Hello, Doctor? This is Mommy. I have a monkey here who is jumping on the bed and he just fell off and bumped his head. What do I dooooooo?

[Luka jumping up and down and laughing]

Mommy: Uh huh, uh huh, okay - I'll tell him. Bye! Luka, the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"