Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter 2006

My Sweet Little Mr. Bunny
Easter update for this year:

Luka was very excited to hide his hat for the Easter Bunny. My dad did that when he was a kid and we did that too--and always got baskets too. So, I'd like to continue that with my kids.

He hid them in the drawers of the living room coffee table. He hid Axel's as well (in the next drawer over) since he is too little. He was really into it and happy to know the Easter Bunny would be coming to find the hats and leave a little surprise.

I had purchased toys earlier--thank goodness--but not the chocolate bunny. What was I thinking? Note to self: NEVER try to buy a chocolate Easter Bunny the night before Easter (or even a few days before). I was able to find some miniature, Lindt bunnies wrapped in gold foil and those worked as well as some cheap-o chocolate one wrapped in pink foil. Since Luka is too little to know what a bunny should look like, that was okay. But, that was close! I had told him the Easter Bunny would leave him a special chocolate friend, so he was expecting it. Axel at Music Class

In the morning, he found that the Easter Bunny had left chocolate bunnies and eggs in the hats, and that he had also hidden baskets with toys for Axel and Luka! Including Spiderman matching game, Dora puzzle, kid card games for Luka, along with dinosaur bath towel for Axel (to wrap him up good in) and a dinosaur crib sheet set.

Luka then saw some of the plastic eggs the Easter bunny had hidden around the house. They had money (coins) and more chocolate eggs in them. (He loves money...is that good or bad?)

We went to church and they had a nice children's program and Luka moved up to the preschool class. At first, I took him to his old classroom (he had not been in a while) and realized he was waaaaay to big. Those kids really looked tiny compared to him! They sang songs, told Easter stories and also had an egg hunt. Then, after the service/Sunday school, we attended the pancake breakfast that the youth groups put on. It was yummy! (Normally, I think pancakes that are made industrially taste fake, but those were pretty good.)

We did not see Monsieur Bunny this year in person, but he still made an impression on Luka. Can't believe it is almost a year since we saw him last and almost a year ago that I started this blog!

P.S. I have pictures to add to the blog, but am way behind in even downloading them from the camera. I checked the other day, and there are still pics from the middle of March. Sigh. [Note: I just added two to this posting: May 11, 2006)